In Paul Turner's Blog by Paul Turner

Q:  Can a baptized Christian who is civilly divorced enter the Catholic Church if they have not had the marriage annulled but do not intend to remarry at this time?


A:  Yes. But it would be courteous to inform the person that should they wish to marry, they will need an annulment on the first marriage.