Sacramental initiation

In Paul Turner's Blog by Paul Turner

Q: We have a 14 year old that was Baptized last year in another parish, but never received Confirmation or Eucharist – can she receive those sacraments this coming Easter Vigil or should it be some other time?


A: If the child was baptized by a priest, someone should contact the priest to educate him on his responsibilities for sacramental initiation.

Anyway, to your question, the parish may give first holy communion. But to confirm requires permission from the bishop. The pastor needs to send a letter or email requesting it.