Communion minister for a special occasion

In Paul Turner's Blog by Paul Turner

Q:  May a person not commissioned in a parish or diocese to be a Special Minister of the Eucharist serve in this capacity one time at a wedding without being commissioned?

A:  A priest may commission a person to assist as a communion minister on any occasion “in cases of real necessity” with the permission of the diocesan bishop. The prayer is found in Appendix III of the Roman Missal, and it is for a person to distribute communion on a single occasion.