Confirming a lapsed Catholic

In Paul Turner's Blog by Paul Turner

Q:  In our parish we have a person who was baptized a Catholic as an infant, became a Mormon, and now wants to return to the Catholic Church. May our priest confirm her? Or does he need permission from the bishop?


A:  Here’s an article I wrote 10 years ago. The case of  “John” is remarkably like yours. Your pastor may hear the confession and confirm this woman on his own. No permission from the bishop is required.