First communion

In Paul Turner's Blog by Paul Turner

Q: Do first time Holy Communicants need to receive from a priest or ordinary minster of the sacrament? Thank you.


A: The Vatican has requested that a priest administer first communion. You find it in Redemptionis Sacramentum 87: “First Communion should always be administered by a Priest and never outside the celebration of Mass.”