Nuptial Blessing

In Paul Turner's Blog by Paul Turner

Q: I have a wedding this weekend and the couple wants the Nuptial Blessing sung. Is a cantor allowed to do this? I found the reference in your book Inseparable Love, but I do not have the 2nd edition of the OCM.


A: Only the presider gives the nuptial blessing. That is the deacon or priest who presides.

The first edition of the OCM is no longer permitted for weddings in the US. Please get the 2nd edition ASAP.